Position title: Summer Emergency Response Operator
Work type: Casual
- Friendly, supportive and collaborative team
- Help facilitate wildlife rescues on a daily basis
- Fast paced, call centre environment
Do you have a passion for wildlife? Do you have experience in customer service or a call centre role? Are you confident with databases and juggling tasks? If so, this could be the job for you!
Our Emergency Response Operators are at the forefront of our vital community service.
The position is located in Abbotsford and offered on a casual basis over summer 2015/2016. This role would suit someone who has a confident, pleasant phone manner with good problem solving skills; a multi-tasker. The key selection criteria for this position are:
- Availability to work 4-5 rostered shifts per week on a rotating seven day roster
- Hands-on experience with wildlife is desirable
- Knowledge of current state laws regarding animal welfare is highly regarded but not essential
- Higher education in animal studies/wildlife/environment is highly regarded but not essential
- Customer service experience either in person or over the phone
- Experience working with databases
- High degree of problem solving abilities
- High degree of dispute resolution abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a broad range of people
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work tasks.