**Please note the closing date for this job has been extended**
Position title: Emergency Response Operator
Work type: Casual
- Fast paced, call centre environment
- Friendly, supportive and collaborative team
- Help facilitate wildlife rescues on a daily basis
Do you have a passion for wildlife? Do you have experience in customer service or a call centre role? Are you confident with databases and juggling tasks? If so, this could be the job for you!
Our Emergency Response Operators are at the forefront of our vital community service.
The position is located in Abbotsford and offered on a casual basis. This role would suit someone who has a confident, pleasant phone manner with good problem solving skills; a multi-tasker with demonstrated resilience under pressure.
Key selection criteria
- Availability to work up to 3-4 rostered shifts per week on a rotating fourteen day roster
- Experience working in a fast paced call centre or similar customer service environment
- Hands-on experience with wildlife is desirable
- Knowledge of current state laws and regarding animal welfare and wildlife is highly regarded but not essential
- Higher education in animal studies/wildlife/environment is highly regarded but not essential
- Experience working with databases such as Salesforce or similar CRMs
- High degree of problem solving abilities
- High degree of dispute resolution abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a broad range of people
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work tasks
Applications must include a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria above to be considered for this position.
Due to the current pandemic situation recruitment for this position may be extended or paused.