Employer: Wildlife Victoria
Position title: Finance & Administration Assistant
Work type: Part Time - 12 month fixed term contract
- Fast-paced, exciting and innovative not-for-profit organisation
- Diverse role in a collaborative and friendly team environment
- Contribute to the welfare of native wildlife in Victoria
Wildlife Victoria is seeking a pragmatic, flexible and results-orientated individual who is capable of fulfilling the requirements of this role.
Does this sound like you?
The successful applicant will have the ability to work autonomously with little supervision but also enjoy contributing within a team environment. They will have experience in a small to medium sized enterprise, ideally in the not for profit sector. An interest and affinity with the natural environment and wildlife specifically, in light of the nature of the organisation's focus is imperative.
This role forms part of a small, efficient, fun team and reports directly to the Finance & Administration Manager and also works closely with the Fundraising Manager and Volunteer Coordinator.
The role is responsible for a wide range of finance and admin tasks and would suit someone with MYOB, MS Office and database skills.
The role with initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract with a view to an extension depending on funding. It is envisaged the role will approximate to a 0.6 FTE or 22 hours per week. The position is located in Abbotsford.
About Wildlife Victoria
Wildlife Victoria provides a vital link for the community between distressed Australian wildlife and the appropriate response and care needed. We utilise our technology, experience and knowledge, together with positive collaborations to advocate for better wildlife welfare and educate the community about how to successfully co-exist with native wildlife.
Wildlife Victoria has provided the community with this vital Wildlife Emergency Response Service for 30 years.
Key selection criteria
- Commitment to best practice principals
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, engage with multiple teams and prioritise competing tasks
- Good computer skills and experience using a database or CRM
- A good phone manner and experience engaging with donors or customers in a friendly and helpful way
- The ability to review processes, assess level of effectiveness and proactively contribute towards positive improvements
- Previous office administration experience
- Experience with Salesforce or donor databases
- Experience in a fundraising environment
Before applying for this role, we ask that you download and read the position description.
Applications must include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and your current curriculum vitae to be considered for this position.