Wildlife Fact Sheets
These instructional guides will help you with most common wildlife situations.
You can do a lot to help injured, orphaned or sick wildlife. Please have a look through these useful guides for the common wildlife situations you may encounter. Also, scroll down to download and print off our wildlife information posters for your neighbourhood.
- Baby Birds
- Beak and Feather Disease
- Ducks and Ducklings
- Feeding Wildlife
- Feeding Wildlife During or After a Bushfire
- Giving Water to Wildlife During a Drought or Bushfire
- Grey-Headed Flying Foxes
- Heat Stress
- Makeshift Nests
- Native vs Non-Native Wildlife
- Pouch Checking - Comprehensive Guide
- Pouch Checking - Fact Sheet
- Reducing the Road Toll
- Responsible Pet Ownership
- Rubbish Entanglement
- Safe Driving Around Wildlife
- Victoria's Owls
- Wildlife and Waste
- Wildlife-safe Netting
Letters you can use to advocate for wildlife
- Letter for your neighbours about dangerous fruit tree netting
- Letter for a retailer about dangerous fruit tree netting
- Letter for a retailer about illegal glue traps
Wildlife Information Signs
Click on the following images to download our handy wildlife information signs.
These can be printed off and displayed in an area where you've spotted ducklings, baby birds, and swooping birds to alert the community and share a little bit of information about these situations. We suggest printing in A4 and popping into a plastic pocket or laminating to minimise damage, but please remember to remove them at the end of the season!